Skip to main content

What have I learned?

I absolutely loved MCJ 102. It showed me all the things I thought I knew about journalism but I soon realized that I didn't know that much. The different ways writing for the media is something I didn't expect or think about.

Either way learning about each individual part of media was so interesting. I knew they were all different but I never knew the extinct of their differences. I enjoyed learning what a broadcasting script was and  how to create. One day I aspire to be a TV anchor, therefore, seeing what I could one day be reading was very benefitting.

I never new in scrips the sound of a word was over the spelling of one. People literally spell out words from the exact way it sounds. I also thought it was interesting how close the radio scripts were to TV.  I also enjoyed the print lecture.

I learned the basic AP style for journalism rules.  I learned overall from taking this class that I want to keep going into this major. Last summer I was having small doubts on sticking to this major but this class gave me reassurance. I love journalism. I want to learn more; I want to be better at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little

22-year-old Mallory Boykin is a graduate from the University of Southern Mississippi.   She works as a speech therapist and tutor for the Hattiesburg school district. Boykin works at Grace Christian public School. Boykin is from a small town in Alabama. She is also the only child in her family. Before Boykin became a teacher she was just a student at the University. She first decided to get involved with the community when she met a friend in her speech class. Her new friend introduced her to the organization Big Brothers Big sisters. At first Boykin wasn’t sure about the organization but once she met her new friend’s “little” she was sold that the organization was perfect for her. Boykin was paired with a little girl named Keyasia Singleton.   She was in first grade when they met but now she is ten years old and in the third grade. Soon after Boykin was paired with her “little,” she visited Singleton at school frequently. Boykin was there so often that she was offered a

Halle Mosley Reports at Live At 5 event

On this very day I am.

A few days ago I felt so uncertain. I felt overwhelmed that my life may not actually turn out the way I desire it to. The next day I tried to keep myself busy in order to delay the thoughts of negativity. Then yesterday, I felt like things were actually getting better and although my busy schedule didn't change I don't feel as sad and unsure. Today, well today was the best day. It was full of laughs and certainty. This is hard. This roller coaster ride is not something I want to be on forever. My life motto is everything happens for a reason. Everything won't be peachy but I know it will have a reason behind it. If I could grab hold of those negative things and see them in new light then maybe my roller coaster rides wouldn't be so horrendous. Most of the time I make it through those terrible days by leaning closely to my family. I am the oldest of three girls. Their ages are fifteen, six, and four. They are my life and sometimes mistaken as my own, given, growing